I don't have appendicitis.  I just have another raging kidney infection!  Woot!  Because I am allergic to most of the drugs they typically prescribe for kidney infections, I have to start at the bottom of the antibiotic totem pole – clindamycin.  I seriously hope it works because my kidneys have taken quite a beating over the last few years, and now that I have officially been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, if my kidneys quit, there will not be a transplant even if a donor could be found.   I will be on dialysis for the rest of my life…  And with my veins, that wouldn't last long, either.  The general consensus seems to be that my kidneys and liver were probably the first organs my body started to turn on when I was consuming wheat, which is why I fell prey to repeated kidney infections in the first place.  The repeated assaults combined with my own cells bombarding my kidneys has left them somewhat weakened, so now, kidney infections are a very big deal for me.  Not that they are not a big deal for anyone else, just something I and my doctors have to be particularly aware of.   

I tried to get a good picture of my arm, but the flash kept nulling out the purple-redness, so I scrapped it.  The nurse BUTCHERED my arm, ya'll.  I doubt most of you have ever had to have a line put on the INSIDE of your wrist, you know, where you'd cut if you were trying to kill yourself, but that was the only place she could even get a vein, so that was where she went.  She must have knicked my tendon or something because every time I move my fingers on my right hand, it sends live wires of pain up my entire arm and into my shoulder.  She did it Monday and when I went to bed last night, it was still swollen!  This morning is the first time I've looked at it and it's back to normal size.  There is still some deep bruising and it's still very sensitive to the touch, but it's definitely better than it was.  Yet another traumatizing needle/IV experience to add to my pile, too!  Lucky me!

DH was able to take yesterday and today off, so I hope I feel 100 times better by tomorrow because I will be on my own again with the boys.  Right now, my back still feels more or less like someone hit me with a 2×4, only instead of repeatedly, maybe just twice.  It's only really bad if you touch it, or if I move a certain way, which is a vast improvement over yesterday's pain levels.

While I was in with my docs, they checked on Ybab.  The jelly bean is hanging in there, nice and strong at 150 beats per minute.  That was a huge relief.  Thus far, all of our children have been fighters, so let's hope Ybab is, too.   

Whew!  Just getting up to make sure I didn't have any E-mails that absolutely couldn't wait and getting this all down (as if I could ever forget it!) has worn me out.  Back to bed I go…